The Mission Beyond Committee meets monthly with the goal of expanding the reach of our church. We provide our congregation with opportunities to serve and/or support local and global missions and missionaries. We do this by allocating PLCPC mission funds, informing members and friends about missional opportunities locally and globally, promoting mission trips and disaster relief efforts, and providing opportunities for members to serve God in the local community and beyond.
If you are interested in serving and getting involved, there are many ways to do so. Join us for our meeting, at 7 pm on the second Tuesday of most months. Contact Bob Lemke for more information about how to get involved.
How do we Support Local Partners?
- Feed the hungry
- Provide food, household goods, and counseling to young military families
- Tutor school children
- Help homeless transition into housing
- Serve seniors
- Help those in need obtain I.D., counseling, and social services
- House and care for medically fragile orphans
- Food ministry, VBS, tutoring, medical services, evangelism to orphans and migrant families
How do we Support Global Partners?
- Teach agronomy skills, economic tools, and spiritual renewal to rural poor in several developing countries
- Train pastors in Iran
- Provide medical care and Christian schools in Haiti
- Educate and support Christian refugees in Lebanon
- Minister to refugees in South Sudan
- Teach Christians and lead inter-faith programs in Indonesia